Tuesday, January 2, 2007

27 People & Counting....


Recently my mom insisted we have our family pictures taken as it had been 8 years since our last one. While I was showing one of my friends the pictures she was shocked by the number of people in the photo. How many of you are there? she asked and my reply was 26 but 3 weeks after the photo my niece had a baby so now 27. My mom was "crazy" and had 6 kids so I have 2 older sisters, Pam 42, Lynda 39, 2 older brothers, Steve 34, Randy 33, me and my baby sister Jenny 29. Also, 2 brother-in-laws, 1 sister-in-law, 4 nieces, 6 nephews, 2 nephew-in-laws, and 1 great nephew. My mom has advised me NOT to have six and while I love kids, I am going to follow her advice but you never know what the future holds for each of us. My family has a good time when we get together but we don't all get along very well. Family politics divide us. Hopefully we won't wait another 8 years but you never know.

No comments: