Usually my City Council meetings are fairly routine with normal issues that arise in a city. Tonight was quite a surprise as our Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem were both out of town and based on a few emails I assumed a fellow councilman would take over. WRONG. I was nominated to be the Mayor for this evenings council meeting. I resisted but resistance was futile. I was having a high level of anxiety to say the least! I made it through as what I am assuming as the first female Mayor of Perry. I did have one disgruntled citizen who became out of order but other than that we did our normal city duties with me at the helm. I am certainly glad that was a temporary position and I gladly turn the duties back to the Mayor. Thanks for the memories:) The pic was taken to display at the City Office. Quite official!
No comments:
Post a Comment