
Tomorrow I get go to chemo with my mom and it just seems "normal" now. You always think you know what cancer is in general but you have no idea. When you hear about "someone" you know has cancer you think "oh that's too bad". When you have someone close to you struggling with this disease you finally have an idea of what cancer is...
...It is a whole new world that you enter into praying you can leave...soon.
...It is a lot of questions...some with answers and a lot with no answers.
...It is sitting in an infusion room with 20+ patients receiving chemo.
...It is getting poked with needles so many times you feel like a pin cushion.
...It is waiting to see "how sick" the drugs will make you.
...It is waiting to see if you get to keep your hair.
...It is staying away from every cough, sniffle & sneeze.
...It is sleepless nights with aches, pains, no energy.
...It is explaining to your baby sister with Down's Syndrome what cancer is and telling her a million times "no Mom is not going to die today" & "Yes, I will bring her home from the Dr. today".
...It is a barrage of people wanting to help but not knowing how to help.
...It is trying to explain to a 5 yr old why Grandma is "sick".
...It is listening to your 9 yr old tough guy bless Grandma to "get better" at family prayer.
This is my mom and I last week and this is the face of cancer to me...
4 comments:
I am trying to get this to work....
How do you get this to work???
Hello....does this work??
I think you have to approve my comments...let me know if I am doing this right....
Post a Comment