Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Where Were You A Decade Ago...

I was getting ready to have my little Eric Hunter! After a miserable pregnancy all summer long in TEXAS HEAT I was too scared to be ready to have this baby all by myself! I woke up at 4:30 am and knew he was coming but was in denial til Eric forced me to get in the car at 7:30am. It was raining that morning but was still 80 degrees! We got to the hospital at 8:00 am and he was born after much distress at 10:59am weighing 8lbs 1oz! There is the short version of how Eric Hunter came into this world 10 years ago!
Many people ask why did you name him Eric Hunter instead of Hunter Eric? There is a real meaning to his name...we weren't just trying to be cool! Here is the meaning behind the name Eric Hunter...Eric's Grandpa Crandall along with his Aunt Julie & Uncle Eric were killed in a truck/train accident in the early '60's. Eric was named Eric Crandall Satterthwaite after his Uncle Eric Hunter Crandall of which the middle name Hunter is Grandma Leah Crandall's Maiden name. So we decided to continue with tradition and name our baby Eric Hunter Satterthwaite and he goes by Hunter...

So I REALLY hate it when people write on their blogs "I can't believe my baby is turning 2,3,4 yrs old he is all grown up now!" Honestly 2, 3, 4 years old is not grown up! How about when your baby is a DECADE old! Yep, Hunter will be 10 years old on October 30th!


The Birthday Celebration(s) began on Sunday with a party with the Satterthwaite side of the family. He was super excited to get new Bakugan's and International Soccer Jersey's! Thanks everyone! We will continue with a dinner out with just us on Thursday, a friend party on Saturday that involves taking 10--4th grade boys to a football game, and a Boyle Family party on Sunday! Pictures to come!





Hunter 2 hours old...It was a rough delivery!
3 Months Old

6 Months Old



1 Year Old --Blonde Hair/Blue Eyed & all Boy!




18 Months Olds
Can't you just see the naughtiness in his eyes! He was a handful!















5 comments:

Chinos :) said...

Midnight showing... :) I remeber when that got big and I was like "what the heck is HIGHSCHOOL MUSICAL. I have yet too see them... But how fun little date night with your daughter, and yes a ten year old makes you thnk I am sure where did the time go?

Poulsen Family said...

Oh my heck, he is so cute. You really are old... Just Kidding. A decade ago I was umm 13, and in Jr high.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B-DAY Hunter!!!

Kim

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Hunter!! And Congrats Mom!! You survived a decade of motherhood with many more to come. You are such a great mom!!
Carol

Candice said...

Its about time lady!! Whoa you have a ten year old!! I thought you were only 22? Jk Those pics are super cute, its crazy how fast the babes grow :)