Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New York 2011...

Due to MANY requests here are a few pictures (really only a few) from my trip to New York...and it was an AWESOME TRIP! I never, ever thought I would travel to New York in my life and see so many places I've only seen on TV or in movies...it was quite a surreal experience...here are the highlights...


After being bumped from 2 flights and rerouted twice...it only took 18 hours to get to New York (and I handled it all by my self...I'm such a grown up now!)...but it was totally worth it!

This is the view from the airplane and yes I thought we were going to crash into the Hudson...that's how close to the water the plane got!




This is the view from our hotel room on the 32nd floor of the Sheraton downtown...just blocks from Times Square and Central Park...it was quite the elevator ride! I took a cab to and from the airport and yep it was quite a ride!


This was our main mode of transportation...New York Subways!

I was terrified to go on them but really no big deal and a great way to get around!

Waiting for the train and nope I never did figure out the Metro Maps or system!


We took the Ferry out to Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty...view of Ellis Island...

Me & Lady Liberty

NY Skyline from the Ferry

View of the Statue from the Ferry


The crazy street performers...
China town was crowded and I kept expecting to be pulled into underground cock fighting at any second!

Waverly Place...for my Sydney who LOVES the Wizards of Waverly Place!

Brooklyn Bridge...yep its BIG!

I loved walking around Wall Street...very clean and not very many tourists!

I absolutely loved the NYU/Soho area...so cool and we ate at Cafe Espanol there with food from Spain and it was AWESOME!

Times Square...Happy New Year!

Just like on TV and Movies!
Rockefeller Plaza

Little Italy...I had my first Cannoli and it was the BEST!

For my Dad...Radio City Music
We went to Central Park at night so this is the only pic I took...
The famous Wall Street Bull...and yes people were taking inappropriate pics!

One of my favorite things were the OLD historic churchs in New York...I loved looking at them!

The World Trade Center...it was basically a construction zone but this was cool and we had the BEST pizza down there...seriously the BEST!

I am deathly afraid of heights but had to go to the top of the Empire State building!

Incredible views!



My favorite things to eat were: Carrot Cake, Black and White Cookies, Cannolis, NY Pizza, Carnegie Deli, NY Hot Dogs, Cafe Espanol, New York Steak


Amazing Places we saw...FAO Schwartz, Central Park, Park Avenue, Wall Street, China Town, Little Italy, Soho, NYU, Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Plaza, The Plaza, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, World Trade Center, New York Stock Exchange, NBC Studios, Trump Building, I think that's most of the places we saw...yes I was exhausted but happy!


It was hot and humid but not miserable and we walked and walked and walked! What an amazing city and I am so grateful I was able to see it all!

No comments: